If you don’t already follow along with us on instagram, get on that 😉 But if you do – then you know that everyday we share a “simple service idea”. Something you can do to spread a little kindness each day, that are simple, but go a long way! Well we thought it would be fun to kind of recap some of the past ones we’ve shared since it’s been a long time of sharing! This way you can refer to this if you’re trying to think of something fun to do or share it with you friends. Another great idea is to even print it off and hang it up on a mirror or fridge for a month of service ideas! So for that reason we made it cute because well, gotta have cute stuff up in our house right? 😉 Here’s 25 of our favorites:
Can you believe it?! Summer is here and in full force! It’s literally my favorite season of the year, fall following closely behind. I plan to live it up this summer, so I thought I would share some fun ways that you can do the same. All of the ideas are totally family friendly, so littles will have fun too and well, most of them are totally free – so that’s an even bigger win.
- Tour Your Own City – This is actually something I love to do! There’s just something about going downtown (or wherever), looking at the history, eating at the best restaurants and just making a day of it!
- Splash Pads – Not sure where you’re located, but I sure hope for your sake they have splash pads because well, I’ll be at all of them this summer!
- Read a Book – I’m always making up excuses as to why I can’t read a good book, most of them being that I’m well…too busy, so this summer I’ve set a goal to start AND FINISH a book!
- Have an Outdoor Movie Night – Bring all the blankets and pillows to the backyard, set up a fun little movie night, pop some popcorn and have fun!
- Visit a National Park – they’re all over, so you’re likely somewhat close to one (maybe, I hope for your sake), so get out and visit one!
- Volunteer – I’m so excited my little one is a little older this summer because I can take her with me and show her the happiness that volunteering brings!
- Look at the Stars – Again, backyard or drive out somewhere where you can really see them! Bring snacks, blankets and make a night of it.
- Hit the Local Water Park or Amusement Park – Obviously, if you’re lucky enough to live close to either – it’s a MUST!
What are you doing this summer?!
We have some exciting changes coming to BrightBox THIS MONDAY, May 21st. So we thought it would be fun to share some peeks and behind the scenes looks at everything. We won’t talk too much because well — we want to keep the element of surprise, but we will let the pictures do the talking. However – be excited because we’ve got more options than ever before coming, new products and some really exciting things in store that we KNOW you’ll love!
How was that for a hint?! IT’S ALMOST PARTY TIME! 4 DAYS!!
Be ready to get your Brightbox on this coming Monday. Everything will be live Monday morning and we hope you love it and are able to send some cheer to a loved one’s way!
We’re all about good mix over here, kitchen dance parties, really any excuse to dance. Since it’s beautiful outdoors and the sun is shining – we thought, it’s almost been a year since our last playlist – so let’s get another one rolling! We rounded up our favorite summer songs (old and new) and put them all in one place for you to listen to!
Here’s the full list of it:
And you can grab the YouTube playlist, here and the spotify playlist, here.
Since spring is in the air and it’s finally starting to warm up outside, we thought it would be fun to show you a simple, fun DIY way to mark your garden and keep track of what you’re growing! I used this a few years ago and loved it so much, I’ve done it every year since. I’m so excited to garden again this year and am working on things this weekend! What’s your favorite thing to grow?!
Here’s what you’re going to need:
- Paint sticks (free at your local hardware store)
- Puffy Paint
The how to:
Seriously, it’s self explanatory and super easy, but hit your hardware store, grab paint sticks (as many as you need – they’re great about giving them out). Then paint away! I’m a little bit of an OCD person, so I color coordinate mine…but obviously you don’t need to do that, ha 😉 SO paint the sticks, let them dry and then use puffy paint (or a sharpie) and mark what each one is!
These sticks are great though because they’re SO tall compared to others, so you can see them through the growth and it just adds a fun touch to your garden!
We are all about doing anything and everything to make your day a good one, spread kindness and just find happiness! So we thought it would be fun to make a little free printable that you can print out, put up on your fridge, bathroom mirror or wherever with some fun, helpful ideas to make your day great!
So we won’t talk too much since it’s self explanatory, but here’s a peek at it:
Just right click to save or print it directly from here!
What sort of things do you like to do to start your days off right and keep em’ happy?!
Anyone else do the same date night every time? To the same restaurant? Not gonna lie, that’s totally us and we hit Olive Garden basically every time and then he usually lets me roam the aisles of Target – I picked a winner 😉 HA! I was thinking about it the other day though and thought – we need to change things up, do somethin’ different! So I started googling, asking around and came up with some fun new date nights and I thought it would be fun to share them with you guys!
- Bowling – Okay, so we actually followed through on this and it was seriously A BLAST! Even just the two of us, it was super fun. We ate junk food, bowled and just had the best time.
- Salsa dancing – this one is going to take a little more convincing from the husband, but in due time 😉 How fun would that be?!
- Try a new restaurant – maybe you’ll be better than us, we are both pretty picky eaters so this one is a challenge, but even we need to step outside of our comfort zones and just make it happen!
- A weekend getaway – this one takes a lot more planning than your typical date night, but I really think (even if it’s a night in at home) that you should take a little getaway with each other at least once a year!
- Go to a comedy club – my husband actually proposed to me after a comedy show, so well…they hold a special place in my heart 😉 BUT either way – they’re a blast and you can’t even be mad on comedy nights because you’ve been laughing all night.
What are some of your favorite date night ideas?!
New year, more organized. That’s the goal anyways? Or just more crafty? I’m not really sure…either way, I was inspired on Pinterest by all the cute DIY Calendars, so I set out to make one! Here’s the how to:
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Paint Samples (hit home depot, grab around 35- yep that person)
- A 12X16-12X18 picture frame, either works, you might just have to cut them down smaller
- Scissors or a paper cutter
- Double sided tape
- Take the cardboard out of the frame and the picture it comes with, flip that over and glue it to the cardboard so it’s a blank white side.
- Now, start cutting your paint samples! Mine are 1″X 1″ and perfect size.
- Lay them out – lay them out nicely on the board before you start taping otherwise you might hate how they lay!
- Once you’ve found the perfect layout, start taping them down.
- Once they’re all down, put it back in the frame, grab a dry erase marker and you’re ready to go!
“You time” – that’s an understatement. Seriously though, we get it. Between work, Motherhood, being a wife, church and everything in between we barely have time to breathe. BUT audiobook it up – listen to it while you’re driving or next time you hit the gym. Make time because there’s just something about a good book or podcast that’s well, good for our souls. So we’ve rounded up our top 6 favorite book/podcasts!
- Awesome with Alison – Podcast – seriously she hits all the points, give it a listen, you won’t be disappointed.
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear – Just trust me, it’s good and the title basically tells you what it’s all about 😉
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown – basically, ANYTHING Brene Brown, any podcast, any book – you’re going to become obsessed. She just puts things in a perspective that’s like OH, I feel better now.
- The Goal Digger Podcast by Jenna Kutcher – whether in business or your personal life Jenna just gets it. She breaks things down so you can see where you need to improve, where you’re doing great and everything in between.
- A Simplified Life by Emily Ley – Okay, first off follow her on Instagram @emilyley, second off read this book. TALK ABOUT ORGANIZATION. She is a Mom and she GETS IT. My life has changed because of her and for the best people, for the best.
What’s your favorite book or podcast? I am always looking for new things to read/listen to. There’s just something about listening to someone else say basically what you’re thinking (or trying to figure out) that makes things so much better.
Can you believe Christmas is almost here?! Literally, in ONE week from today! Who’s kid is gettin’ antsy and what Mama is thinking oh crap, when am I going to wrap all of these presents? HA! The struggle is real. Well – I’ve been seeing the “favorite things” game being played all over Instagram, in church, basically everywhere and I thought – let’s get this thing going on here! So I wanted to share a few of my favorite things, all things that are totally affordable and TOTALLY on Amazon – so you know, you can order in time for Christmas 😉 If you want to please do the same in the comments and share one or two of your favorite things!
- Raw Sugar Living – seriously, you can get it on Amazon or in store at Target. It’s basically like a spa party AT YOUR HOUSE. It smells so good and makes your skin feel like butta!
- Pop Socket – Do you have one on your phone because if you don’t just go ahead and treat yoself now with it. Oh and get the car mount one too 😉
- Car Trash Can – Y’all can laugh all you want, but I promise the minute you get one of these you’re going to be like OKAY THIS CHANGED MY LIFE!
- Tarte Shape Tape – oh my contour, best concealer EVER. I literally keep a back up bottle under the bathroom sink, it’s that good.
Okay, now we want to hear your favorite things!!